Zinio is a platform for digital magazines available to Demarest library card holders. Over 250 titles are available on a wide range of subjects, including National Geographic, Vogue, The New Yorker, Newsweek and more! Zinio magazines can be read on your computer or in the Zinio app on your smartphone or tablet.
What do I need to get started?
- A valid library card.
- A Zinio for Libraries account.
- This is the account you’ll use to browse and check out the library’s collection of magazines. You will be prompted to sign in or create an account when you check out a magazine, and you’ll need to enter your library card number to set up your account.
- Once your Zinio for Libraries account is set up, you’ll use the email address and password you signed up with to check out magazines. If you plan to access your magazines through your computer, iPad, or Android device, you can skip to step 4!
- If you want to access your magazines via an iPhone, iPod Touch, Kindle Fire, or Windows device: A Zinio.com account.
- You must use the same email address to sign up for your regular Zinio account as you did to sign up for your Zinio for Libraries account. Using the same email address connects your two accounts so that the magazines you check out with your library account show up when you’re ready to read them.
- If you already have a Zinio.com account (you’ve bought digital magazines from Zinio in the past), use the email address associated with that account to register for your Zinio for Libraries account.
- The Zinio for Libraries or Zinio.com app (which one you need depends on which device you’re using).
How do I get the magazine I want?
- Browse or search for the magazine you want through the library collection page (not the app!)
- When you’ve found the magazine you want, click on the cover image to check out the most recent issue or back issues. You can also click the check out icon () to check out the most recent issue available. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in to or create a Zinio for Libraries account.
- The magazine is now checked out to your account! If you’re on a computer, you can click “Start reading” to read in your browser. If you want to read on your tablet or smartphone, open the app on your device.
- If you’re using the Zinio for Libraries app: The first time you open the app, you will be asked to select your library (tap United States of America >> New Jersey >> then start typing “Bergen” and select “Bergen County Cooperative Library System”) and then log in with the email address and password you used when you created your Zinio for Libraries account.
- If you’re using the Zinio.com app: Create or log into your Zinio.com account. (Make sure you use the same email address as you did for your Zinio for Libraries account!)
- In the Zinio for Libraries app, your magazines should be visible right away. In the Zinio.com app, you’ll need to go to “Your Library” to see a list of magazines checked out to you.
- Click or tap on a cover image to start reading. If you’re using the app, you may need to wait for the title to be downloaded to your device.
- Keep the magazines as long as you like! They do not expire and there are no holds lists.
Help! I can’t get this to work!
If you need help, you can drop by the library and meet with Orla, our instructional technology librarian, for one-on-one help. You can also call us at 201-768-8714 for help or to set up a meeting.
Here are some more resources: