Questions? Call Miss Kate at (201) 768-8714.
Storytime is a great opportunity for kids (and parents!) to socialize, learn, and have fun! We offer Little Wigglers Storytime for children ages birth to four and All-Ages Storytime for everyone!
- Little Wigglers Storytime is offered three times a week:
- Mondays at 2:30pm
- Tuesdays at 10:30am
- Wednesdays at 10:30am
- All-Ages Storytime is typically offered the first Thursday of the month at 5:30pm
Some guidelines for enjoying Little Wigglers Storytime:
- Please try to be on time Children can be easily distracted and late arrivals often become the focus of their attention! Also, kids arriving late might miss out on some key components of storytime.
- Please set your cell phone to vibrate Ringing phones are designed to be distracting! If you need to take a phone call, please take it outside in the Children’s Room
- Please stay with your child during storytime Storytime is a special time for children and parents/caregivers to bond. If your child is under 3 years of age, please stay with them at all times. If your child is over 3 years of age, please stay within eyesight of your child – kids can get scared or upset when they are separated from their parent/caregiver, and we want storytime to feel like a safe and fun time for them!
- Please socialize before and after the program! Storytime is a great opportunity for parents to meet other parents in the area. Parents are encouraged to come early or stay after storytime to chat with each other while the kids play. During storytime however, please help each other set a good example for the children by listening to the stories and songs.
- Please listen, sing, dance, and craft with your child! By participating, you encourage the children to join in the storytime fun! If your child isn’t interested in dancing or crafting, you can inspire them to try it out by taking the lead!
- Please step outside for a moment if your child becomes restless or upset Taking a quick break will give the child a chance to calm down, and then you can both return to storytime ready to enjoy the next story and song. This will also help the other children stay focused on the storytime activities. If your child loses interest or needs to leave before the day’s full storytime session is over, please don’t be discouraged – toddlers have a limited attention span! Feel free to leave early, but please come back and give it another try – we offer Little Wigglers Storytime three times a week!
- Please relax and have fun! It is not expected that kids will sit still and participate in each activity! Children are welcome to enjoy the storytime experience whether they want to shake their sillies out or just watch the dancing.