The Demarest Free Public Library is pleased to offer artists, collectors, and organizations the opportunity to display their work to the community. Exhibit space is open to individuals and organizations. Organizations shall designate one person as representative. Exhibit periods are arranged with the adult programs coordinator or children’s librarian. Final approval is given by the Library Director.
Click here to download the “Agreement to Exhibit” form.
- Application for exhibits is made on a first-come, first-served basis. The Library shall have the final decision on the content and arrangement of all exhibits and displays. The Library expressly reserves the right to reject any display in whole or in part which it deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate based on local community standards.
- The exhibitor may be required to show samples of the proposed exhibit.
- Exhibits in the Library are seen by everyone during regular business hours, including children and adults. The materials of the exhibits and displays must therefore meet what is generally known as “the standard acceptable to the community”. Every item must meet the Library’s standard of value and quality, and the Library reserves the right to reject any part of an exhibit or display.
- Because exhibits and displays are used to present fields of interest as varied as possible, the Library is not able to devote space to specific “weeks” and “days” year after year.
- Partisan political and religious matters are strictly avoided in the exhibits and displays.
- All drawings and paintings are to be matted and framed
- Whenever possible, the Library will incorporate books or materials from the Library’s collection which have a relevance to the subject of the display.
- The area available to the public for exhibits is the wall in the foyer of the Library located at the Insley Street entrance.
- The artist/collector is responsible for setting up and removing the display. All publicity related to exhibits and displays shall be submitted to the Library for approval and shall be distributed to the various media by the Library.
- Exhibits and displays will normally be scheduled for a period of four weeks. If the exhibit/display is not set up by the assigned period, the exhibit/display may be canceled by the Library. If the exhibitor/collector must cancel the show, it is expected that he/she contact the Library as soon as possible to see if another date may be arranged.
- Due to space limitations, the Library cannot provide storage for the property of groups or individuals displaying in the Library.
- The Library shall not be held responsible and is expressly relieved from any and all liability by reason of injury, loss or damage to any person or property in or about the premises occurring during the exhibitor’s use of the premises.
- No admission may be charged.
- Exhibitors must sign the “Agreement to Exhibit” form.